Friday, November 16, 2012

Christmas books

Hey! Aren't you just so exited for Christmas! I know I am. There are so many things that I want but since this is a book themed blog I want to talk about the books I want.
      The first book that I want is called, The Penderwicks At Point Mouette. There actually is a series of these books and this is the third one but I highly recommend the series. The books are chock full of  action, comedy, and just about everything else. I give these books 5 thumbs up and please ask for them this Christmas because if you like fiction, you'll love these.
       Second book is, The Life of Pi. I don't know a lot about this book at all. I do know though that it involves animals! Actually I think it has a boy that I think gets lost a sea or something and he like trains a tiger. That was a pretty poor overlook but I've just seen the commercials for the movie so you probably know as much as I do. I'm just saying it looks really good and you might want to put it on your list.
      Third is, I want all three Hunger Games books. The reason, my mom convinced me after she read them. She also made me watch the movie and I did do a post on that, with my other blog and I thought that was amazing. Of course that was only the first one. I'm going to trust my mom on the other two.
      Next, I was actually recommended this book on one of my posts by someone called prettynpink. It's called Shipwreck by Gordon Korman and after I did some research on this book, I figured that I might like it and decided to give it a try. Prettynpink also recommended me The Cay by Theodore Taylor. At first I didn't know about it because the cover looked a little old but you know what they say, you can't judge a book by its cover. Since I remembered that rule though I read all about it and honestly still didn't think it was the book for me but I'm still going to give it a try.
      You can find all these books and more at Hastings. I always go to the one in Richmond KY but they have a lot of other locations. I'm not sure where they are but, here is the URL to their website,  http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/get_store_detail.cmd?storeNumber=695. If you ever need a book defiantly go to Hastings they also do movies, games, and so much more.    

No comments:

Post a Comment