Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ida B.

  
What's up guys?! I know I haven't posted in a while but I’ve been working on my other blog, The Bark and you should really check it out. In that long period of time I have actually read 5 books so be expecting some more posts.
Ida B: . . . and Her Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster, and (Possibly) Save the World
             Anyway, I think you know Ida B. is fiction because just like I told you in my first post, I DON’T READ ANYTHING BUT FICTION! This kind of fiction was weird though. Like I couldn’t figure out if it was dystopian fiction or realistic fiction because it all seemed like it could be true but in a way it was really bad in some moments. So, since I can’t decide if you want you can read the book then post on my page what you thought it was and I would be more than happy to read it.
            I’m going to admit, when I first got Ida B. off the book shelf at my library, I thought it said lamb. I truly did but I mean in my defense it had an apple on the front cover and lambs eat apples. Later I found out that there was an apple on the cover because the girl, Ida B. thought she could talk to the orchard of apple trees, her family owned, and that they could talk back.
           I think this book would be on a 5th or 6th grade level because it’s just plain hard to read. There are very few hard words but in some parts I didn’t understand what was going on at all. Hopefully it will be different for you if you read it.
         I give this book 7 star and yes, I do recommend this book to you.    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment